Introduction to SE International
Welcome to our new website, we hope you enjoy your stay! We felt that this first blog post would be a great opportunity to introduce ourselves and provide a quick guide for the website.
Hello, we are SE International Flooring, a branch of SE Timber. We service the global market with quality Australian timber, information and training about Australian timber and hardwood flooring. SE Timber started in 1977 as 'SE Discount Timbers', a small timber yard in Sydney, Australia. During the 90's, we grew into the largest, most experienced and most trusted specialty timber flooring and shutter company in Sydney. We have since obtained a parquetry flooring mill in Grafton and expanded into commercial and international markets with our Shanghai office. We have long standing relationships with some of the biggest names in the Australian timber and flooring industries. We are also the sole distributor of Boral Australian timber in the Asian market and we provide the largest selection of Australian timber species and milling dimensions.
Australian timber is known for its beautiful appearance, structural integrity, diverse range of attributes and its difficulty in seasoning and manufacturing. If processed correctly, Australian timber can have high performance with an appealing natural appearance. If processed incorrectly however, Australian timber is particularly susceptible to collapse, checking and gum vein faults. This is why it is extremely important to deal with an expert supplier. Fortunately, Boral is the biggest and most trusted name in the Australian timber industry. Boral has the best facilities, an Australia wide logistics network and most knowledgeable personnel within every facility.
Over the many years, environmental considerations have continued to grow in importance. Boral Timber is AFS 'Chain of Custody' certified, ensuring that their timber is only sourced from sustainably managed legal forestry. This certification is linked with PEFC - the world's largest forest management certification scheme. We supply over 20 timber species and blends from all over Australia. Our species have a wide range of properties ranging from medium density to some of the toughest known timber species on the planet, a huge variety of colours, subtle to rich natural features, natural durability and insect resistance and fire resistance to tailor many different types of needs or personal tastes.
In order for us to keep up with our customer dedication, we have updated this website to enable faster and simpler search with more valuable information about our products. Features include:
- • Information about Australian timber appearance, hardness, natural durability, fire statistics, sustainability, cut sizes and grades. See the 'Quick Overview' for a summary about each product.
- • Browse products by type, colour, Janka hardness or dimensions - our new search feature makes it easier to find the product you are looking for. Simply select or deselect the various search options to narrow your options.
- • Learn about Australian timber, installation methods for flooring and other useful resources. This website servers as an index to Australian timber and installation methods. SE Timber International also offers training services to individuals and/or groups.
- • Information about shipping and handling.
- • Browse the site in either English or Mandarin, with many other languages to come.
- • We have a multicultural team with members who can speak Mandarin, Japanese, Korean, Arabic, Spanish, Russian, Indian and of course, English.
- • Keep up to date about our products, the timber and flooring industry through our blogs and newsletter.
Did we miss something? Would you like to find out more about any of our products, services or other information? Please do not hesitate to contact us via our contact page.
SE International is committed to providing ingrained quality and friendly customer experience.